Tag: Tavern

Duluth Brewing and Malting Company, Duluth, Minnesota

The brewery was started in 1896. It was located at Twenty-ninth Avenue West and Helm Street or 231 South Twenty-ninth Avenue West. It was owned by Charles Meeske, Reiner Hoch, and E. N. Breitung. The malting plant was added in 1900, and other expansions in 1905 and 1911. After 1933 it produced Karlsbrau beer. It closed in the 1960's. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top