Tag: Snow

Soo Line Depot, Duluth, Minnesota

Passenger depot at 606-612 on the lower side of West Superior Street was designed by C. E. Bell, Tyrie and Chapman of Minneapolis. It opened in early October 1910 and closed in the mid-1960s ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Aerial Lift Bridge: View from downtown, Duluth, Minnesota

This view is from just below First Street looking down Second Avenue West. Glass Block department store and the Sellwood building are on the corners of Superior Street and Second Avenue West. Railroad Street and ice filled slips are between downtown and the bridge. Minnesota Point extends beyond the bridge at the top of the image. Glass Block was built in 1893 and three floors added in 1902. It closed in 1981. The Sellwood was built in 1908 and still stands. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Neighborhoods of Duluth: Lakeside, Fred Mehre house on Cooke Street, Duluth, Minnesota

Lakeside house; 4206 Cooke street; Fred Mehre; sign Lakeside land Company; winter; snow; porch; clapboard; three story; trellises ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Neighborhoods of Duluth: Lakeside, J. J. Stengle house on Gilliat Street, Duluth, Minnesota

Lakeside house; 4011 Gilliat street; J. J. Stengle; two story; clapboard; porch; chimney; houses; winter; snow; trees; person on porch ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Neighborhoods of Duluth: Lakeside, Vera Hutchinson house on Dodge Street, Duluth, Minnesota

Lakeside house; 4331 Dodge street; Vera Hutchinson; one story; metal awnings; stoop; wrought iron railings; winter; snow; houses ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Grady and Hughes Funeral Home, Duluth, Minnesota

In this house at 600 East Second Street, Eugene C. Grady and Matthew T. Hughes offered mortuary services from 1926. In 1887 Henry and Alameda Bell commissioned Oliver Traphagen to design this Queen Anne style house in the Ashtabula Heights neighborhood. When his bank failed in 1893, the Bells moved to California. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top