Tag: Lumber Trade

No. 1, Log Rollway and Sawmill Red Cliff Lumber Company, Duluth, Minnesota

Red Cliff lumber company sawmill was located at 512 39th Avenue West from 1902-1913. A rollway is an artificially inclined surface used by lumberjacks to slide logs into a waterway for transport. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Scott-Graff Lumber Company, Duluth, Minnesota

Scott-Graff Lumber Company goods loaded on horse drawn wagons in front of the company buildings at 2402 West Michigan Street in downtown Duluth. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Scott-Graff Lumber Company, Duluth, Minnesota

Manufactured wood products of Scott-Graff Lumber Company loaded for delivery. The business was located at Twenty-fourth Avenue West and Superior Street and a slip at Twenty-fifth Avenue West. The principals were Zar D. Scott and Edmund D. Graff. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top