Tag: Jewelry Store

New Grand Theater, Duluth, Minnesota

The New Grand theater at 213 West Superior Street had a seating capacity of 1,025. The building was occupied by the Lyric motion picture theater beginning in 1922 that showed films into the 1970s. The entire block was razed in 1976 for the Normandy Inn in downtown Duluth. The block is still referred to as the Lyric block by longtime Duluthians. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top