Tag: Housing, Single Family

Chisholm Residence, Duluth, Minnesota

The Archibald Mark Chisholm (1864-1933) and Lillian Cummings Chisholm house at 1832 East Second Street was given to the Duluth board of education in 1935, and converted to the A. M. Chisholm Memorial Children's Musuem which had been established in 1931 at the Salter School. The building was modified again to serve as a home for boys in this photograph. The museum changed its name and relocated to The Depot in downtown Duluth. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Prindle House Facade Facing Greysolon, Duluth, Minnesota

In 1904, William Martin Prindle (1861-1944) and Mina Merrill Prindle (1864-1963) chose William Hunt of the firm Palmer, Hall, and Hunt, as the architect of their new Duluth home built in 1905 at 2211 Greysolon Road. Hunt used the Spanish Colonial Revival style for the house that cost $16,000 to build. Mina chose William A. French and John Bradstreet to decorate the interiors. One of Bradstreet's most important commissions was the Duluth Prindle house. When the house was sold to the Minneapolis Art Institute in 1981, the living room and selected items were removed and displayed at the museum. ~ [...]

Prindle House Side Entrance, Duluth, Minnesota

In 1904, William Martin Prindle (1861-1944) and Mina Merrill Prindle (1864-1963) chose William Hunt of the firm Palmer, Hall, and Hunt, as the architect of their new Duluth home built in 1905 at 2211 Greysolon Road. Hunt used the Spanish Colonial Revival style for the house that cost $16,000 to build. Mina chose William A. French and John Bradstreet to decorate the interiors. One of Bradstreet's most important commissions was the Duluth Prindle house. When the house was sold to the Minneapolis Art Institute in 1981, the living room and selected items were removed and displayed at the museum. ~ [...]

Go to Top