Tag: Group Portraits

Civilian Conservation Corps, Company 719, Camp Brimson S-51, near Brimson, Minnesota

Civilian Conservation Corps Company (CCC) panoramic photograph, featuring group portrait of enrollees and camp dog posed before plank buildings in winter. ~ Photo Credit: Iron Range Research Center

Civilian Conservation Corps, Company 719, Camp Brimson S-51, near Brimson, Minnesota

Civilian Conservation Corps Company (CCC) panoramic photograph, featuring group portrait of enrollees and camp dog posed before camp headquarters and building with ""Lake Sullivan"" sign, in summer. ~ Photo Credit: Iron Range Research Center

Sisters who taught in various schools in Duluth, Minnesota

Schools in north-central Minnesota (1871-1909). Some of the sisters teaching in Duluth before the separation of the Duluth sisters from St. Benedict's in St. Joseph are identified as follows. Top Row - left to right: S. Catherine Siefner, Clementine Jastrzenska, Florentine Cannon, Augustine Terhaar, Margaret Dellwo (Delleveaux); (Bottom Row - left to right): S. Bertha Cherrier, Regina Otto, Cornelia Berg, Anastasia Gerard, Magdalen Walker. Duluth was first settled because of a short-lived rumor in 1854 that copper and ore were found on the North Shore. It was not until 1869, when Duluth was connected to St. Paul by railroad, that [...]

Go to Top