Tag: Chalk Boards

Interior Duluth Board of Trade, Duluth, Minnesota

The trading floor of the original board of trade building on Superior Street. The board of trade was organized in 1881 with 12 members. The principal business was to establish prices, as most of the trading was done by commission merchants outside. This building opened January 6, 1886. It burned in 1894. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top