Tag: Baseball Field

Lincoln Park, Duluth, Minnesota

Aerial view of Lincoln Park at 2501 West Third Street, and the heart of the Lincoln Park neighborhood. The park was established in 47 separate land transactions over time. It was planned around Miller Creek and opened as Garfield Park in 1890. The park's stone pavilion was under construction winter 1934. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Wheeler Field and Wade Stadium, Duluth, Minnesota

View of Wheeler Field in the foreground and Wade Municipal All Sports Stadium in the middleground and the coal dock in the background. Wade is at 101 North 35th Avenue West was dedicated July 16, 1941. It was renamed Wade Municipal Stadium February 3, 1954, to honor the late Frank Wade, former owner of the Duluth Dukes baseball team. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top