Tag: Barber Pole

Superior Street in 1963, Duluth, Minnesota

Addresses 509-501 on the upper side of West Superior Street. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Sherwood Building, Duluth, Minnesota

The Sherwood building is at 318-320 West First Street. William C. Sherwood and Company real estate offices were on the first floor in the 1920s. The Sherwood building was at this address as early as 1911. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Neighborhoods of Duluth: West Duluth, Citizens State Bank, Duluth, Minnesota

West Duluth Citizens State Bank; 331 Central Avenue; incorporated in 1912; President H. H. Peyton; clock; burglar alarm sign on exterior wall; Wieland Hardware Company; street lamps; snow; barber pole ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Cody Hotel, Duluth, Minnesota

Cody hotel; Hotel Cody; Central Avenue; Ramsey street; Buffet; cigar sign; window displays; barber pole; Erickson Tailor; pedestrians; fire hydrant ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Northwestern Fuel Company Office, Duluth, Minnesota

The sculpted details are at the entrance of the Palladio building in downtown Duluth at the corner of Fourth Avenue West and Superior Street. Northwestern Fuel sold coal, coke, and wood from their office at 403 West Superior Street. The 1889 Palladio Building architect was Henry Raeder of Raeder, Coffin and Crocker. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top