Tag: Ball Park

Wheeler Field and Wade Stadium, Duluth, Minnesota

View of Wheeler Field in the foreground and Wade Municipal All Sports Stadium in the middleground and the coal dock in the background. Wade is at 101 North 35th Avenue West was dedicated July 16, 1941. It was renamed Wade Municipal Stadium February 3, 1954, to honor the late Frank Wade, former owner of the Duluth Dukes baseball team. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top