Tag: Automobile

Interstate Bridge Tollbooth, Duluth, Minnesota

The last automobile to pay toll crossing the 1897 Interstate bridge the morning of December 3, 1961. This bridge was replaced by the High Bridge also called the Blatnik Bridge. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Hemlock Exchange, Northwestern Bell Telephone Company, Duluth, Minnesota

The Hemlock Exchange building is at 1806 East First Street. In 1918 Northwestern Telephone Exchange Company purchased the plant of Duluth and Zenith Companies. There was a name change to Northwestern Bell Telephone Company in 1921. The building still stands. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top