Tag: Auditoriums

Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota

View of the auditorium of the Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota, taken from the balcony and looking toward the stage. Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects (1919-1969), were noted for designing more than 200 motion picture theatres in the Upper Midwest, many of the early ones featuring an art deco style. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Libraries, Northwest Architectural Archives

Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota

View of the auditorium of the Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota, taken from the stage and looking toward the balcony. Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects (1919-1969), were noted for designing more than 200 motion picture theatres in the Upper Midwest, many of the early ones featuring an art deco style. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Libraries, Northwest Architectural Archives

Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota

View of the auditorium of the Garrick Theater, Duluth, Minnesota, looking toward the stage. Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects (1919-1969), were noted for designing more than 200 motion picture theatres in the Upper Midwest, many of the early ones featuring an art deco style. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Libraries, Northwest Architectural Archives

Nor Shor Theater, Duluth, Minnesota

View of the auditorium of the Nor Shor Theater, Duluth, Minnesota. Liebenberg and Kaplan, Architects (1919-1969), were noted for designing more than 200 motion picture theatres in the Upper Midwest, many of the early ones featuring an art deco style. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Libraries, Northwest Architectural Archives

Auditorium, Duluth, Minnesota

The 302 East First Street Auditorium building is operated as a roller skating rink. When the season opened in 1911, the opening night revenue was for the benefit of the Duluth Children's Home Society. The rink was managed by the L. Hammel Company. Hammel started as a livery or wagon supply business. This was the Shrine Auditorium in the 1920s. The building was a Dodge and Plymouth automobile business for Agen Motors in 1937. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top