Tag: Art Deco

Medical Arts Building, Duluth, Minnesota

The Medical Arts building was built in 1932 at 324 West Superior Street where the St. Louis Hotel had stood. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Oreck’s Dress Department, Duluth, Minnesota

The Oreck's clothing store opened in downtown Duluth at 18 West Superior Street in 1909 in the Hunter Block building as The National Store. It was owned and operated by Lena Polinsky Oreck (died 1928) and Gabriel Oreckovsky (died 1956) or G. A. Oreck and Sons Company. Lyle Oreck (died 1962), owned Oreck's Department Store or Oreck's women's apparel after his parents and served as president of the store from 1928-1948. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top