Tag: Architecture

Depot Renovation Projects of St. Louis County Heritage and Arts Center

Architectural drawing (blue line on paper) showing floor plans with room numbers of the Union Depot, Duluth, Minnesota built in 1892. Also known as the St. Louis County Heritage and Arts Center, home of the Lake Superior Railroad Museum. Scale: none indicated ~ Photo Credit: Lake Superior Railroad Museum

Razing the Glass Block Store, Duluth, Minnesota

Looking east from West Superior Street of the rubble that was the Glass Block store at 128 West Superior Street. The four floor retail giant in downtown Duluth had dozens of departments. It was located at this location from 1893. The store opened in 1887 at Panton and Watson. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Razing the Glass Block Store, Duluth, Minnesota

View from West Michgan Street of the rubble that was the Glass Block store at 128 West Superior Street. The four floor retail giant in downtown Duluth had dozens of departments. It was located at this location from 1893. The store opened in 1887 at Panton and Watson. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Bud’s Clothing Store, Duluth, Minnesota’

Lower side of West Superior Street of signs for downtown businesses Ace Hardware 212 West Superior Street, Jensens Shoes at 208 West Superior Street with the Endion Station Art Gallery above and Bud's Clothing at 206 West Superior Street. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

200 Block West Superior Street, Duluth, Minnesota

Cornice and upper floors of Minnesota Surplus store and Mr. Nick's hamburgers, in the old Duluth Herald newspaper building, and Livingston's Big Duluth men's clothing store, on the lower side of West Superior Street. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Chisholm Residence, Duluth, Minnesota

The Archibald Mark Chisholm (1864-1933) and Lillian Cummings Chisholm house at 1832 East Second Street was given to the Duluth board of education in 1935, and converted to the A. M. Chisholm Memorial Children's Musuem which had been established in 1931 at the Salter School. The building was modified again to serve as a home for boys in this photograph. The museum changed its name and relocated to The Depot in downtown Duluth. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Go to Top