Tag: 1931 East 2nd Street

Richard M. Sellwood house, 1931 East Second Street, Duluth, Minnesota

John Panton or Richard M. Sellwood house built in 1903 at 1931 East Second street was fashioned in a neo-Classical architectural style. The 21-room mansion was given to the Benedictine Sisters of Duluth in March 1956 by Richard M. Sellwood, Jr., and Joseph G. Sellwood in memory of their parents Richard (died 1940) and Ella Eugene Fitzgerald Sellwood (died in 1954), Duluth pioneers. Richard Sellwood was a Cornell University graduate, a banker-industrialist with interests in mining. He came to Duluth in 1888 with his parents. Ella Sellwood was a member of Our Lade of the Rosary Catholic parish of Duluth. [...]

Go to Top