St. Louis Hotel Orchestra, Duluth, Minnesota
The St. Louis Hotel at 218 West Superior Street was a major hotel in downtown Duluth. It featured a number of amenities including an orchestra in the Rose Garden room. There was a fire in 1917, but the Rose Garden continued for many years. These musicians are not identified. Royal D. Alworth, head of Oneida Realty Company of Duluth bought the hotel in 1930. On March 31, 1932 a plan was announced to erect a $1,000,000 structure on site. Razing the hotel began May 19, 1932. September 1, 1932 contractors broke ground on the former hotel site for the Medical Arts building.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections