Munger Terrace, Duluth, Minnesota
When the Benedictine Sisters came to Duluth to establish and independent foundation in 1892, they rented the two westernmost townhouses in the newly-completed Munger Terrace. They occupied one of the two units and their school, Sacred Heart Academy, occupied the other. Bishop McGolrick of Duluth rented the adjacent unit, his residence having been destroyed by fire.
~ Photo Credit: St. Scholastica Monastery
Leave a Reply