Interior of Gray and Tallant Department Store, Duluth, Minnesota
Workers during the Christmas season include Clarence C. Bartholomew and Bessie Crasweller behind the counter at the left. The George A. Gray Company evolved. It was the Huntington and Tallant “The New Store” in 1900 with S. W. Huntington, Frank E. Tallant. It was Hendren and Tallant Company, dry goods, in 1901 with William T. Hendren. It was Gray and Tallant Company, department store, in 1902, followed by George A. Gray Company in 1911. Finally it was the Edward F. Wahl Company in 1937. Wahl’s went out of business in 1986. Tallant in 1910.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections