Hemlock Exchange, Northwestern Bell Telephone Company, Duluth, Minnesota
The Hemlock Exchange building is at 1806 East First Street. In 1918 Northwestern Telephone Exchange Company purchased the plant of Duluth and Zenith Companies. There was a name change to Northwestern Bell Telephone Company in 1921. The building still stands.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections