Fond du Lac Indian Cemetery in 1927, Duluth, Minnesota
Called the Indian Cemetery or the Roussain Graveyard, this view is from 1927 and shows the second location. The Roussain Graveyard is on Francis Roussain’s property. The cemetery was originally located in the right-of-way for the Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad construction. The graves were moved to this site just prior to the LS&M’s completion from St. Paul to Duluth in 1870.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
Leave a Reply