Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company, Duluth, Minnesota
This local business at 4702 Grand Avenue began as Diamond Calk Horse Shoe in 1907 by Otto Swanstrom the inventor of the “diamond calks” in 1900. The plant was sold in the 1980s. In 1994, the last workers vacated. The building was razed in 1996.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections
Leave a Reply