Builders Exchange Building, Duluth, Minnesota
The Berg Brothers Drapery Shop and Universal Electric Supply Company are on the street level of the Builders’ Exchange office building at the corner of First Street and Lake Avenue North. In 1902, the Duluth Builders’ Exchange incorporated. Local builders saw advantages in mustering the most reliable firms into one accessible organization.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections