Bridgeman’s Plant, Duluth, Minnesota
Bridgeman-Russell processing plant at 1102-1116 West Michigan Street in Duluth. Their fleet of delivery truck have the PURITY brand on each one. The Primus Butter sign on the roof was another brand. Henry Bridgeman founded the company in Duluth in 1888 and incorporated 1903. Russell is Newell Francis Russell who was born on a farm near Rush City. The first retail store opened in 1936 in Duluth, and the company moved into the Twin Cities the following year.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections