Aerial Lift Bridge: Vessel enters the harbor, Duluth, Minnesota
Colorized or hand colored image of a vessel entering the harbor. Waterfront industrial structures are beyond the bow of the ship. The lighthouse structure at the left dates from 1901. The formal name is South Breakwater Inner Light Tower formerly owned and regulated by the federal government. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is 67 feet tall. The tower’s light was first lit in 1901. It was bought in December 2008 by Steve Sola and Matt Kampf of Duluth. The winning bid was more than $31,000.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections