The Duluth Arena Auditorium, the Aerial Lift Bridge and the buildings and streets of downtown Duluth are lit up in this night time view of the Duluth Harbor. Ground was broken December 19, 1963, for the Arena Auditorium, it opened in August 1966. It was renamed the DECC or Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center in August, 1987. The NC sign is on top of the Alworth building. The Northern City National Bank’s NC was there from 1957 to 1980 when the bank became First Bank Duluth.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections