View of a lake vessel entering the Duluth harbor under the Aerial Lift Bridge loaded with new cars and trucks. This style of street lamp on the piers was replaced in 1955. During the shipping season the bridge makes about 25 lifts a day. The Aerial Lift Bridge was first operated on March 19, 1930. It was remodeled from the side to side moving transporter or gondola to feature a lift span.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections