Hillside housing stock built with a rock outcrop in the backyard; A Master Bread billboard is at the top of the image. The Zinsmaster family opened a bakery called Zinsmaster Hol-Ry Company in Duluth in 1931. Master Bread was one of their brands. The structure that looks like it is framed by the Aerial Lift Bridge is the Huron Portland Cement silo that later became LaFarge Cement. It still stands on the Duluth waterfront. The white trimmed brick structure at the top right is 1515 West Superior Street, the Duluth Gospel Tabernacle building. The building to the right but further east on Superior Street with the arched window is a Minnesota Power station and garage at about Fourteenth Avenue West and Superior Street.
~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections