Category: 1900’s

Northern Steamship Company’s “North West” in Duluth harbor basin, Duluth, Minnesota

The "North West" with passengers aboard deck was built in Cleveland, Ohio in 1894 by the Globe Shipbuilding Company but operated by the Northern Steamship Company of Buffalo, New York until 1911 when she burned. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Russell family in carriage, Duluth, Minnesota

Man, boy and women of S. W. Russell family in horse drawn carriage; stone water fountain or horse trough; lap blankets; in park; Bridgeman and Russell were partners in the dairy business ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Zion Norwegian Lutheran Church Class, Duluth, Minnesota

Portraits of Pastor Theodore Fossum, confirmation class members, and an inset photograph of the Twenty-fifth Avenue West and Third Street church building's exterior and interior, are grouped in this photograph. ~ Photo Credit: University of Minnesota Duluth, Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections

Cast of “The Captain’s Idea” at St. Clement’s Church Hall, Duluth, Minnesota

Characters from play "The Captain's Idea" staged in St. Clement's Church Hall in Duluth on March 16, 1909. Reverend Raymond Basel, Order of Saint Benedict (OSB), served as assistant pastor and director. ~ Photo Credit: Saint John's Abbey

Go to Top